Friday, December 14, 2007

Hanneke and the Yamulkes

I just saw Hanneke Cassel (and some of her very talented friends) at Club Passim. It was awesome. She's playing tomorrow night in Westford, and I can't go, but if you can, you should.

I spent most of the time that I was listening also doing some writing, which is just what I used to do when I listened to her play on Tuesdays at McGann's in college. Nothing that I wrote is worthy of posting, though, so in a separate post I'm going to put up another of my poems. I was hoping to find something I'd actually written at McGann's, but all of those are either already up ("(Lucid bent the cover tree)" is one), or not readily available. The one I will put up is from the same few years, at least.

1 comment:

liz hughes said...

dude! i know her! kind of. i mean, i went to college with her sister, who was a really good friend of mine, and hanneke's music was kind of a college soundtrack for me, and they are both from the oregon coast (hanneke and leila). i was just stopping by your blog and i saw her name and i was like, omigoodness. hope you are well.